AN ICONIC VIEW

8 June 2016


A few weeks ago I was due to catch up with my friend Lindie, she lives in Dubai and I live in Abu Dhabi so we normally meet in either city for food of some type. This time though she invited me to go paddle boarding with her and a few others, I hadn't tried it before but was keen to give it a go!

Located near to Jumeirah Public Beach, Surf House rents out all kinds of equipment but by the looks of it the paddle boards are most popular with people coming and going constantly. We were booked for 8am and as it was already well over 30 degrees I couldn't wait to get on the water. 

After a tentative start on my knees I made it to standing and we made our way towards the Burj Al Arab. The Burj is such an iconic structure in Dubai and while you can basically see it from all around Dubai this was a completely different view point and absolutely fantastic. 


We headed out past the Jumeirah Beach Hotel and the water (thankfully) on this day was lovely and calm, the only waves being made from a few distant jet skis. 


Getting right up to the Burj you then go under it's pier, around the other side and back around to your starting point. 


The loop takes about an hour and that's taking it nice and slow which was perfect for this beginner, that also includes the time I fell in and had to get back on my board (actually it was lovely and refreshing).

For anyone travelling to Dubai or living here this should go on the must do list, inexpensive, not touristy and you get to see a very different view of this iconic building. Definitely go as early as possible and head somewhere for coffee and breakfast post paddle, we went to Bystro just a few blocks away and it was yummy! 

Big thanks to Lindie for snapping these pics and introducing me to stand up paddle boarding. Now I need to find somewhere in Abu Dhabi.

Thanks for stopping by!

Amy

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Following Amy Mary. Design by FCD.