CHRISTMAS CHEER

29 December 2016 Abu Dhabi - United Arab Emirates









MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

I know that Christmas is over and the New Year is nearly here but I wanted to share a not so typical Christmas with you! 

I have mentioned before how tolerant this country is of all religions, we celebrate Eid, Diwali, Christmas and much more. But Christmas seems to be a firm favourite to celebrate, you will find the malls are alive with Santa, reindeer, fake snow and Christmas cheer.  

When you don't have family near you it can be (for me anyway) a holiday that can pass right by with no celebration at all, but this year I was lucky enough to celebrate with a few expats who have become my family away from home.

This year (thanks to Lorraine & Darren) saw me celebrate with a beautiful home cooked Christmas Eve dinner followed by  friends at the Emirates Palace Hotel in Abu Dhabi. A day filled with Santa, Camels and lots of laughter, if you can't be at home with loved ones than this certainly was a good alternative!

Look below for camel photos galore and a video of our celebrations that my talented friend Lindie made, be sure to check out her Instagram here!





Thanks for following and wishing all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Following Amy Mary. Design by FCD.