Warehouse 421 - Abu Dhabi

4 February 2017


Following on from my last post and our exploration of Mina Zayed, we saw an art exhibition that caught our eye and the location just so happened to be at the port. 



In the middle of rows of warehouses you will come across one warehouse which has been completely revamped into a gallery, welcome to Warehouse 421


Before you enter you can find out a little bit about the gallery and plans for the future, personally I think it has a lot of potential so I hope they expand to create something great in the next few years and if those plans included a cafe with great coffee than I think that would be perfect!



The exhibition we saw was a 2015 graphic design contest from the Middle East region, trying to promote talent within the region. 

Some examples I really liked, like the Arabs on a bicycle below and others I really couldn't get on board with. 


Sadly, the exhibition was lacking any information about the artists and their inspiration for the works which I imagine would have been very interesting...


It only took about 15 minutes to wander around, so if you are in Abu Dhabi and want a quick activity than Warehouse 421 could be the place. I think this exhibition is nearly finished so check back soon to see what they have coming up next!


Thanks for stopping by!

Amy

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Following Amy Mary. Design by FCD.